Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Calling mums/dads of Thomas tank Engine fans

(24 Posts)
sphil Wed 20-Jun-07 16:06:14

I'll post this in Telly Addicts as well but thought someone on here might know. I'm trying to find the songs 'Snow Snow Snow' and 'Thomas and his Friends' on DVD/video. We used to have them but I'm damned if I can find the tape/DVD. I'm trying to put together a collection of DS2's favourite 'bits' to use as a reward. Thanks!

gess Wed 20-Jun-07 16:07:18

hmmm might have this on video- will look when I put room back together (decorating)

dinosaur Wed 20-Jun-07 16:08:29

Is "Thomas and his friends" the one that starts "They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight"?

If so it's on "Calling All Engines".

I am not sure about the Snow one but will ask the older DSs!

Pinkchampagne Wed 20-Jun-07 16:15:14

That's the one, dino! The blimmin song is now going round & round in my head!

Not sure about the snow one though.

RnBee Wed 20-Jun-07 16:16:20

...shunting trucks and hauling freight. Red and green and brown and blue.... lalalalalalalala

sphil Wed 20-Jun-07 19:15:07

They're the really useful crew
All the different roles they play
In Tidmouth sheds and far away
Down the hiils and round the bends
(all together now) THOMAS AND HIS FRIENDS!

Is this what a university education has come to?

Thanks - we have Calling All Engines so must have missed the song (in a less than attentive moment ahem).

DS1 reminds me that the Snow song is on the same video as 'Accidents Will Happen' - another DS2 favourite because it enables him to say 'CRASH' about 300 times... But still don't know which one that is.

sphil Wed 20-Jun-07 19:17:40

I'm on a roll now. The Snow song goes (chorus)

WHIIIIIITE winter wonderland
BEEOOOUTIFUL da-ay
Snow, snow, snow, snow etc etc etc.

DS2 learnt the word 'snow' from it, so I'm grateful to the Rev.

sphil Wed 20-Jun-07 22:13:52

In case anyone was wondering they're from 'Rescues on the Railways' Just googled it as you lot were so useless .

dinosaur Thu 21-Jun-07 22:12:02

Hey sphil who you calling useless . If you'd only said the blimmin' song was called Winter Wonderland, I could have helped you in a trice...

mummytosteven Thu 21-Jun-07 22:16:09

there's been a recall on various thomas the tank engine wooden items due to possible lead contamination

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?inarticleid=462890& inpageid=1770

sphil Fri 22-Jun-07 20:19:26

Dino. It says 'The Snow Song' on the front of the video so there! (Got it from Amazon in one day - record!)

MTS -I read that article. DS2 has been sucking Thomas since he could put his hand to his mouth so it's a bit worrying.

mummytosteven Fri 22-Jun-07 20:25:10

oh dear, sorry, didn't mean to worry anyone, just alert people. it only seems to be red trains like james that are involved, if that's any consolation.

sphil Fri 22-Jun-07 21:48:55

Oh not really worried in the wider scheme of things - reckon he's put far worse things in his mouth far more often

ManxMum Sat 23-Jun-07 20:51:47

DH suggests utorrent to search for a download and download as an mp3 file

Does that help?

jtm2309 Sun 24-Jun-07 16:34:41

hello ist time on her lol are you all thomas mad on here my son loves it i think he thinks we all love it lol

dinosaur Sun 24-Jun-07 16:38:36

My DSs have all been Thomas-mad in their time and DS3 never goes anywhere without a very old Thomas clutched in his little hand.

jtm2309 Sun 24-Jun-07 16:40:30

ah thats sounds just like my son he is 8 yrs he has autism i love this site just found it lol

dinosaur Sun 24-Jun-07 16:43:51

Welcome jtm! I've got three boys - the youngest (aged nearly 3) has just been diagnosed with autism.

jtm2309 Sun 24-Jun-07 16:46:34

thanks for the welcome , its good to know other parents know what you are going through i can not believe how many topics relate to our every day life lol,

TheodoresMummy Sun 24-Jun-07 20:12:09

Someone posted a link recently (on a different thread, but can't remember what) about a study that was done regarding Thomas the Tank Engine being so popular with autistic children. I know loads of children who aren't autistic love him too, but it was about how autistic kids responded to Thomas better than any other children's characters or their peers - Think I have that right, apologies if not .

Anyone heard of this ?

I will try to find a link.

Any opinions ?

mummytosteven Sun 24-Jun-07 20:24:35

I've heard of it; the theory seemed to be that kids with ASD would like trains more than other forms of transport because they run on tracks, so are far more predictable than cars/plains etc. I'm a bit yes and no about it - as whenever S is lugging a thomas train/book about, loads of other little boys his age always home on it and are very interested too.

FioFio Sun 24-Jun-07 20:27:05

Message withdrawn

TheodoresMummy Sun 24-Jun-07 20:42:08

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=368&a=2683

Couldn't work out how to do a proper link , but this is it.

jtm2309 Thu 28-Jun-07 13:48:07

hi ya that is so right about asd children loving thomas & friends its all about the engines being reliable , facial expressions , colours , my son remembers all the facts about them i only wish i could lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now