Sensory toy for 6 year old?

(7 Posts)
Pissedoffdotcom Wed 31-Oct-18 16:33:04

Looking for some help if at all possible! DD is going to a party & the host is a lovely young lad with autism. He likes lights & pressing buttons so we would love to find a present centred around this, but that is age appropriate. All the searches i do bring up baby toys!!

I was hoping somebody might have an idea to throw at me, if possible!

OP’s posts: |
ScottishMummy12 Wed 31-Oct-18 21:34:29

What about a lava lamp my dd6 loves her or a projector with a remote control.

BlankTimes Thu 01-Nov-18 09:31:37

Anything in here suitable?

www.cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk/

B+M have some interesting lights that he may like. I bought the Starmaster one, it's very fragile. The top lifts off and you're not supposed to look at the bright bulbs inside.

BlankTimes Thu 01-Nov-18 09:32:15

Sorry, B+M link
www.bmstores.co.uk/products/home-and-furniture/home-accessories/lighting

Pissedoffdotcom Thu 01-Nov-18 10:12:02

Thank you both, much appreciated. We have decided on a 12 sided fidget block for buttons, will explore the lights too

gigglingHyena Fri 02-Nov-18 22:45:29

Lights are great, we bought a stick on led strip for DS which has a remote control for various colours and flashing patterns.

Watch out for the website above, they have some great stuff but Thier customer service is very patchy. Took me several weeks to get all the items in my last order. I won't be making another.

Pissedoffdotcom Sat 03-Nov-18 07:49:55

Ooh okay thanks for the heads up! We've found a spinning light fan which is pretty cool even as an adult! Hoping it goes down well

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in