Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

More House School Frensham - Recent Experiences?

(1 Post)
ameliethree Wed 13-Jun-18 09:26:44

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience of this school.
Our DS3 is coming to the end of year 7 at an outstanding state secondary. He has mild ASD and some other issues with slow writing, but he has coped and is in the middle sets currently. He is desperately unhappy however, largely due to being labelled as 'autistic', - he feels everyone thinks he's dumb because his EHCP provides for additional support - he doesn't want it and rejects it, but in some lessons he simply can't access everything without it. He wants to feel accepted and to be just like everyone else - its very sad to see him like this.
On paper More House looks like it would be a really good option for him.
His EHCP has closed doors on all the selective independent schools.
Of course I need to speak to the school directly, and visit, however a friend mentioned that she felt the boys were very much behind the expected levels and that most of the learning needs were in the area of hearing, speech and language. As I want him to feel that he belongs somewhere, I'm just wondering if that is the case as they are quite different needs to his own. Any help would be so much appreciated as I feel there are so few options available to us....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: