Dual diagnosis of ADHD and ASD - medication that worked for your child

(4 Posts)
LifeOnAMerryGoRound Tue 29-May-18 09:51:47

Hello, my DS is 10.5, dual diagnosis of ASD (high functioning) and AdHD. He has been on Concerta (slow release) for last 3.5 years (27 mg last 3 yrs). . It appears last month or two he has become non-complaint, impulsive, hard to get things done. The school thinks the medication needs tweaking. I agree..
His paediatrician has given us choices - increase the dosage, or go for medikanet, vivanse or stratetra. He is petite boy, trailing 1% weight line, eating/sleeping is a chore. He has high level of anxiety and sensory issues. He had a very hard time adjusting to his meds few years back. so we are quite skeptical to change his meds or increase the dosage? I know it is a bit of trial and error .. Just wondered which medication worked best for your child with dual diagnosis ? Thank you..

OP’s posts: |
LifeOnAMerryGoRound Tue 29-May-18 09:52:35

Hello, my DS is 10.5, dual diagnosis of ASD (high functioning) and AdHD. He has been on Concerta (slow release) for last 3.5 years (27 mg last 3 yrs). . It appears last month or two he has become non-complaint, impulsive, hard to get things done. The school thinks the medication needs tweaking. I agree..
His paediatrician has given us choices - increase the dosage, or go for medikanet, vivanse or stratetra. He is petite boy, trailing 1% weight line, eating/sleeping is a chore. He has high level of anxiety and sensory issues. He had a very hard time adjusting to his meds few years back. so we are quite skeptical to change his meds or increase the dosage? I know it is a bit of trial and error .. Just wondered which medication worked best for your child with dual diagnosis ? Thank you..

Waitingforsleepagain Tue 29-May-18 21:14:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LifeOnAMerryGoRound Thu 31-May-18 11:44:49

Thank you for the reply Waiting, I switched to ADHD medication thread.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in