Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ndn just kocked

(7 Posts)
Employmentquestion Sun 15-Apr-18 17:53:43

And shouted and swore cos ds was having a 'moment' and was slamming our front gate then the front door. I understand it must be difficult living next door to a child with ASD and ADHD, but he really didn't help!! I feel really rubbish now and don't want to bump into him again

zzzzz Sun 15-Apr-18 19:05:29

brew

I’m sure you are doing your best. Sometimes that’s all you can do.

Allthewaves Sun 15-Apr-18 21:43:42

All you can do is apologise. Then close front door and breath (and in my case cry).

I can send my boys round - they are all under 9 but can swear like troopers and are LOUD - make your wee one look like an angel grin mwhahaha

AddictiveCereal Sun 15-Apr-18 22:58:10

Poor you! Does he know your son has autism? He is the type who would care or understand?

BlankTimes Mon 16-Apr-18 09:02:47

Could you put a self-closer on the door and gate - then probably all other doors as well so they don't slam. Could you redirect your son to use a punchbag or a mini trampoline or something that wouldn't annoy the neighbour so much?

Of course, you shouldn't have to, but if it's going to create tension with a shouty sweary neighbour who isn't understanding about your child's disabilities, who is going to complain every time your son needs to vent, it may be worthwhile considering other options.flowers

Employmentquestion Mon 16-Apr-18 12:18:53

Thanks everyone, I didn't realise this had posted, I thought my phone had lost it. I will look into doing something to stop the gate making so much noise. We have punch bags etc, but he is too angry to use those, he wants to get attention and make us angry. Not sure if that is his ASD or just him being a little brat!

SpringerLink Mon 16-Apr-18 13:36:59

Shouting and swearing at you is assault. You should keep a record of when your ndn does this, just in case it ever escalated and you need to involve the police.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: