Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Gift for 13yo boy with quad CP

(5 Posts)
KingLooieCatz Mon 13-Nov-17 12:21:56

I know nothing about CP so looking for advice. I've agreed to do a secret Santa type thing.

All I know is the recipient is a 13 year old boy with quad CP, no mobility, peg fed, non verbal.

There is no option to find out anything else e.g. interests of the child or what they already have/enjoy.

The gift is likely to be posted.

Any suggestions? Please save me from my own potentially crass assumptions about a child with CP.

Budget wise up to £25.

BellaCat123 Tue 14-Nov-17 08:22:29

I don't know if the young man has any additional sensory impairments or learning difficulties.

Audio books, sensory type lights (doesn't have to be from SEN shop Argos etc. Good too), DVDs? If you do t know the young man I would go for age appropriate things.

Hope that helps

KingLooieCatz Tue 14-Nov-17 09:19:52

Thanks Bella. I don't know if his developmental age is 13 and not knowing much about CP or this particular child I shouldn't assume. I thought maybe something that projects stars on the room/ceiling? Don't know if that might be too young. I saw one that had proper astronomy and NASA photos that would probably be more appropriate for a 13 year old but unfortunately it had poor reviews (eats batteries, no mains adaptor and broke easily). I'll keep looking for something along those lines, I'll try Argos. Thanks.

BellaCat123 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:36:28

Sounds like a good idea as can be purely sensory or more academic too.

Hawkins Bizarre is even better. We got l: dancing water speakers, a Star Wars glitter lamp, a superman logo light, a scrabble light garland and a light up message board for our sensory room? All around £20-£30 I think?

KingLooieCatz Tue 14-Nov-17 15:40:11

Aha, funny you should say that I popped in there between posts and pondered the dancing water speakers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: