Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

EHCP and Educational Psychologist

(6 Posts)
Oluwa Wed 08-Nov-17 11:36:35

Hi Mums,

Just a note - You are doing the best job on planet earth.

Just had my daughters EHCP and I questioned the report from the Educational Psychologist because he only concluded / completed his report based on his 30 minutes assessment of my daughter at home. He did not visit any of her nurses at all.

I have complained about it to the council and they replied that 30 minutes is enough to complete a report. I know that it is wrong, but did not know where or what else to do. I have visited the British psychology society website without any success.

Any more advise Mums?

Checklist Wed 08-Nov-17 13:31:29

What formal assessments did they do?

amunt Wed 08-Nov-17 20:13:04

I would raise it with the HCPC which is the professional body they have to be registered with. I made a formal complaint against our LA EP.
www.hcpc-uk.org/complaints/raiseaconcern/howto/

Their bar is quite high so you'll have to emphasise that they have knowingly submitted an incomplete report thus bringing into question their professionalism - they have a duty to the child, not just the LA.

Allthewaves Thu 09-Nov-17 23:23:49

Ed psych didn't spend that long with ds tbh. We had a paediatrician appointment as part of the process for medical issues.

vjg13 Fri 10-Nov-17 06:56:32

Does it say what assessments were undertaken or was it based purely on observations? It may be worth considering your own independent EP report although this can be expensive.

tartanterror Fri 10-Nov-17 10:43:24

How old is your child? What educational setting do you currently use? Apart from the time, an educational psychologist (clue in the name there wink) would normally do their observation in an educational setting. I'd query that rather than the time spent initially

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now