Books for helping deal with emotions

(6 Posts)
k8music Mon 03-Jul-17 13:10:54

Hi

I am looking for some decent books to help my 3 year old with anger issues. Any simple ones like this would be good.

www.amazon.co.uk/AM-ANGRY-emotions-emotion-children-ebook/dp/B073DCD4BD/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1499083660&sr=8-5&keywords=i+am+angry&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Any recommendations? - not too expensive!
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Didiplanthis Mon 03-Jul-17 13:34:42

I just bought a set from the book people - they are dinosaur based - Anna angrysaurus etc. My 5 yr old will not talk about feelings but is very anxious/angry. We are using them to start him talking and also using the pictures to talk about how his behaviour affects other people. There are suggestion for other books in the back. They were pretty cheap

Colacolaaddict Tue 04-Jul-17 19:51:27

We have this one: I feel angry

I would recommend it for an older child but I think it would have been a bit long for DS at 3.

JsOtherHalf Wed 05-Jul-17 22:44:52

Check out the Cerebra lending library; it is free.

w3.cerebra.org.uk/help-and-information/library/

LongDivision Wed 05-Jul-17 23:29:31

Not a book, but I've found that Bing (the CBeebies programme) can be helpful as is about acknowledging and handling emotions.
It does grate on the nerves, though...

CalloftheHaunted Fri 14-Jul-17 01:01:45

'The red beast' is fun and albeit aimed at school aged children. my dc was all over the anger books but tbh its not really helped them when push comes to shove (asd). depending on your dc, see the anger as the symptom rather than the cause then try and address the cause.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in