Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Outdoor public water play with SN son

(10 Posts)
Damonlufc88 Sun 18-Jun-17 09:33:13

Looks like another beautiful day today. Want to take my son to a nearby park that has a paddling pool. He is almost 5 but still in nappies and doesn't have much vocabulary. Maybe it's more anxiety on my behalf but I don't feel comfortable if people can see that he has a nappie on. Parents might think why is he wearing a nappie (under his shorts). Just makes me feel uncomfortable. Should I feel like this?

user1497782510 Sun 18-Jun-17 11:59:52

If I was you I wouldn't care. Take your son and allow him to enjoy the day with you

Babbaganush Sun 18-Jun-17 15:36:07

Just go and have fun!
You can buy reusable swim nappies that look like board shorts - may be worth investing in a pair if the summer is going to be nice!

www.splashabout.com/swimming/disability/kids-splash-board-shorts/

zzzzz Sun 18-Jun-17 18:01:14

I don't care, ds's preschool were so concerned about "people seeing his nappy" they insisted he wear pants for the school play confused

Crack on and don't worry about it, nobody human will care,

Justanothersingledoutnumber Sun 18-Jun-17 18:29:24

IT doesn't matter what people think, just have fun with him.

TwoBobs Mon 19-Jun-17 14:39:17

I wouldn't care. My 7yo wears pull ups when we go out at the end of the evening in case he nods off on the journey home. He also wears them for long car journeys. Nobodys business but yours!

elliejjtiny Tue 20-Jun-17 12:44:46

Take your ds and have fun. I use reusable swim nappies for my 4 year old that look like pants/swimming trunks.

Damonlufc88 Tue 20-Jun-17 19:51:28

Much appreciate the feedback from all you guys. Little words boosted my confidence no end smile

Justanothersingledoutnumber Tue 20-Jun-17 19:59:25

Most people probably won't care or notice damon

stripeyboys Mon 26-Jun-17 21:46:24

My DS1 loves the splash pad at our local park. It makes him so happy.

Please do not allow the nappy situation to put you off taking him. There may well be some younger children wearing nappies there. You could pop a swim nappy under his swimming shorts. Nobody will care at all.

I really hope that you and your DS have a fabulous time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now