Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SALT assessment

(4 Posts)
eeniemeenieminiemoe2014 Wed 31-May-17 15:45:57

my daughter has a SALT assessment on monday at 30 months

they have said to bring notes on what her early development was like and other concerns and what her development is now.

how do I know what is a comcern or not?

what sort of information did you all do?

FrayedHem Wed 31-May-17 19:01:42

We gave all the usual milestone information - so smiling/crawling/walking/cooing/when he started saying words etc.

For concerns it's really dependent on your child. For DS3 although his smiles were technically within expected age, we felt that it was very hit and miss as a young baby, although he went on to be a very smiley child. The same with his speech, technically enough words by 2 but it just didn't expand as expected, and communication felt hard and it was easy to lose him. Pointed before 12 months be can't follow a point. And the staying power of his tantrums - they could last for hours and he would then get up again in the night to start again! Thankfully that resolved but it was quite relevant history IYKWIM.

eeniemeenieminiemoe2014 Wed 31-May-17 21:49:23

I think she is being referred also about possible ASD so is it worth just writing a huge list of every concern or just ones relating to SAL?

we did her tracking form today at one of her groups and they had her as:

listening and attention 16-26m
understanding 16-26m
talking 8-20m
social communication 8-20m

:/ very worried!

FrayedHem Wed 31-May-17 22:50:48

I would include all concerns. it's understandable you're worried but you're doing the right thing by getting her assessed. I hope the appointment goes well flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now