Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Example of "repetitive behaviour and restricted interests" in hfa (ASD assessment)

(4 Posts)
Blossom4538 Tue 30-May-17 08:06:35

Hi all,
This is one area of the ASD assessment which I'm not sure DD obviously displays signs of. I think perhaps mildly but I'm not sure. Also, I'm sure i read this isn't always as evident in girls? I can generally see clear signs in other areas of assessment.

Please can anyone give me examples of the repetitive or restricted behaviours of your little ones, particularly towards the high functioning end of the spectrum?

Thanks!

JefferysJodpers Tue 30-May-17 18:27:19

Bedtime routine, long convoluted and of her devising

Very stressed about eating or doing things in certain places

Clings to baby routines, e.g. Bottles at five

Takes girly interests to an obsessive level, e.g. Monologues to the point where others can disengage with noticing or hours of YouTube fashion videos

Seeks sameness in general, hates disturbance, e.g. Library before shop or time changes

Spins In a more developed ways, ballet piroutes, but does fall in repetition and does inappropriately

Friendship obsessions

Returning to same coversations

Waitingforsleep Tue 30-May-17 19:30:01

This is so helpful I would like all the criteria in real life examples would help so much!

youarenotkiddingme Wed 31-May-17 14:06:44

I agree it's more about RL ways of doing things the same way as well as the stunning which not everyone with asd does.

Great examples above

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now