Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dd can be awful to me/lack of affection...

(2 Posts)
Blossom4538 Sat 27-May-17 19:14:52

She is aggressive. Also one min we can be playing nicely and for example, if I start coughing (unusual example I know but this just happened) she has no sympathy or doesn't check if okay. She just wants me away from her and pushes me away, even after I stopped, she wouldn't let me in her bedroom.
She doesn't like discussing emotions and she will never check if I'm okay if I hurt myself. She rarely cuddles me unless she is upset, and even not always then. She kicked me away earlier when I tried to cuddle her, as she was feeling poorly.

Do these sound like ASD traits or perhaps she just hates her mum

F1ipFlopFrus Sat 27-May-17 19:31:21

How old is she?
Age will play a part in how emotionally developed she is likely to be. Although if she doesn't like talking about emotions it could be that she doesn't understand them?

There seems to be an element of sensory stuff, more avoidant than seeking, not liking to touch or being touched, also sensitive to sounds like coughing.
Ds is particular and likes touch to be on his terms, I have to ask for a hug/kiss and if he says no, I don't get one. Equally he will come and ask for a hug or a kiss, but it's still all on his terms. I'm not actually allowed to kiss him when he does ask, he has to kiss my cheek.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now