Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Please/thank you/sorry/I love you.....

(4 Posts)
Blossom4538 Mon 08-May-17 11:12:03

Just wondering if this may be partly due to ASD (dd under assessment)

DD had fantastic manners when younger. Around age 4 they seemed to disappear. She also struggles with saying I love you back to family and doesn't realise things like if you hurt someone by accident, you still say sorry, even though u didn't mean to. She is very avoidant of saying these things. She finds it hard to thank other children or say goodbye to family.

Just compared to other little ones I've been around, it seems to come more naturally to them and is almost an automatic response....

F1ipFlopFrus Tue 09-May-17 08:17:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blossom4538 Tue 09-May-17 09:04:14

Thank you for your reply. I can't remember, has your DD got a diagnosis?
At that age, was she capable of speech/able to speak to you? DD does have Selective Mutism but can talk to us - she still seems to struggle saying certain words to us. I love you (obvious could be linked to problems with emotions) and sorry.

She now has to be prompted often for please and thank you - she didn't used to need to be?! I guess a lot of neurotypical kids may go through this too though.

I appreciate certain worlds such as these have a high anxiety level for those with sm, just surprised she struggles with them with us really.

F1ipFlopFrus Tue 09-May-17 14:53:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now