Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

recommendations for the best help with EHCP checking/help please

(9 Posts)
windowdrawing Tue 25-Apr-17 13:32:19

Hi, I have just received my DD's proposed EHCP plan - and thanks to all the people on here who gave me advice and support to get to this stage!

My question now is what's the best way to get it checked and to make sure my daughter's needs will be understood and met (ASD with high anxiety, sensory issues, dyslexia etc). I have heard Educational Equality have a checking service - does anyone know if this is worthwhile?

The EP report and advice is not very detailed and seems to us to be misleading in parts, so we're thinking we need to get an independent EP assessment done.

Any advice and info gratefully received.

windowdrawing Wed 26-Apr-17 09:50:29

Just wondering if it's better to post this question on chat?

tartanterror Wed 26-Apr-17 20:50:22

I have asked the Independent Support organisation in our area to help us. It's Barnardos where we live. Google Independent Support and your borough....

youarenotkiddingme Wed 26-Apr-17 20:57:16

Sossen do an EHCP checking device for £100

windowdrawing Thu 27-Apr-17 09:22:18

Thanks tartanterror and youarenotkiddingme - I will check those out. I've been trying to book a call-back with IPSEA - no luck yet but will keep trying. The LA have said they are consulting with 4 schools in the area none of which look appropriate for my DD - they look like they cater for kids with EBD/severe learning disabilities. So I'm thinking I need to ring/visit them all. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Ceto Thu 27-Apr-17 21:59:01

I second the SOS SEN recommendation. They do offer to do it for less for people on low incomes.

Lauder123 Fri 28-Apr-17 08:38:22

Do you just submit the form on SOssen website and wait for them to contact you? Just thinking about timing for comments on the draft.

lucysnowe Fri 28-Apr-17 10:59:32

There's a facebook group called EHCP Experiences UK, some super knowledgeable people on there, who could answer specific questions too.

windowdrawing Fri 28-Apr-17 16:54:51

Thanks everyone just going to check with SOSSEN now. And FB. Thanks for the tips

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now