Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Triple P Course - ASD?

(2 Posts)
Blossom4538 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:05:35

Hi all,
Just interested in experiences? Been referred to course - it states ASD on form so I guess tailored towards this? No diagnosis as yet, but we have Selective Mutism and Sensory struggles.

I'm a little nervous! I guess good to meet other parents in similar situation, although I'm shy initially and lacking in social confidence.

Guessing they will help with strategies? I hear mixed experiences...

StUmbrageinSkelt Tue 25-Apr-17 09:12:07

We were in the pilot research programs for the ASD Triple P. It was originally a general parenting course but then they rolled out ones specifically for different disabilities.

My experience was mixed. There was a lot of being told if I did A then B would ensue. One of the psych students did a home visit and basically said gosh, he's terribly controlling isn't he? Yeah that would be why we are having this home visit...

I know people who find Triple P marvellous. Is the manual still online? There should be enough info out there to give you a sense of whether it suits your parenting style?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now