Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Consent to share information EHCP

(10 Posts)
zzzzz Sun 23-Apr-17 23:55:16

Is it true that you can't have an annual review without signing a consent to share? Why is that? If consent is mandatory then why do they ask you to sign to "allow" it?

<BOGGLE>

Tainbri Tue 25-Apr-17 12:39:55

I've never signed anything for the AR ( I assume you mean the EHCP review?)

zzzzz Tue 25-Apr-17 15:42:15

Yes ehcp review. I just found it weird. It's not like we have anything to hide or anything but why???!

FutureChicken Tue 25-Apr-17 20:04:11

I was a senco and never heard of this. Implied consent for Sen case officier/ relevant professionals is fine. Sharing wider than that should require consent individually, e.g. To anonymise and share in training etc. In any decent borough the multi agency referral form should cover it all in addition.

Maybe someone tried to refuse consent to share with solicitors or something in your area for an appeal or something mad...? <clutching straws>

Meloncoley2 Tue 25-Apr-17 22:46:06

Is it something to do with data protection if information is being shared with several agencies?

FutureChicken Wed 26-Apr-17 08:34:47

Implied should be adequate for this, e.g. If you take your child to the GP about their hearing you don't sign a separate consent for their details to be forwarded to the audiology dept or if you go to a CAMHS appt info Sharing wit school etc will just be done

zzzzz Wed 26-Apr-17 11:48:31

It's not an obstacle or anything it's just the for was so weirdly wordedconfused I often find this in our area. I personally think wording on docs is important but feel like a bit of a stuffy old so and so saying so.

FutureChicken Wed 26-Apr-17 13:15:57

IF you think you're stuffy... I amend things like that with pen!!

zzzzz Wed 26-Apr-17 13:18:53

grin

NoHaudinMaWheest Wed 26-Apr-17 18:59:49

I am pretty sure I had to sign one of those. Or rather I pointed out that as ds was 18 I couldn't sign for him and it had to be amended accordingly. It had obviously never occurred to anyone that this could be an issue with EHCP being valid until 25.
I am however not at all surprised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now