Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anybody's dc taking intuniv?

(5 Posts)
Sad5371 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:27:21

My 13 year old ds has just been prescribed intuniv alongside Concerta xl and I was just wondering if anybody else has experience of this relatively new drug positive or negative? He has been suffering quite badly recently with anxiety, aggressive behaviour and impulsiveness.

scrabble1 Fri 21-Apr-17 22:41:21

Hi our 10 year old started on Intuniv about a month ago and it has made a huge improvement. He started on 1mg for 10 days, then increased to 2mg. Very interested to see if it has improved his school behaviour.
He cannot tolerate other meds. Had tried them all on/off since age 6.
First week he was incredibly tired and then again when dose increases. This is improving as his sytem gets used to it. He also feels cold a lot, it is a medication used to lower blood pressure

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 21-Apr-17 22:51:08

DS2 has been taking Concerta for approx 7 years. It works well, and has enabled him to cope better with school and life in general, but he is quite underweight due to the appetite suppression.

I thought Intuniv was for those who are unable to cope with methylphenidate. OP, are you able to give more info about what led your DS to try it if he is already on Concerta?

Tricky10 Tue 25-Apr-17 22:37:55

Hi - my DD went on Intuniv 4 weeks ago so very interested in your feedback - she could not tolerate methylphenidate. School just started so difficult to assess impact. Side effects - sleepiness - hoping that passes but she seems sloth like if you know what I mean. Constipation. Broken sleep. She is very low - so hard to know if that is meds or "just' ADHD / concerns re school.
Scrabble1 - interested in what huge improvements look like for you ? We are on 3mg. Would say that emotional regulation has improved.

scrabble1 Wed 26-Apr-17 11:43:34

Tricky he isn't running/climbing everywhere and the non stop chatter has stopped. Massive difference in curbing hyperactivity. What does concern me Is his irritability and he often slumps and looks low

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now