Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Buggy for non walker

(9 Posts)
lauryloo Tue 28-Mar-17 12:06:37

my lg is 21 months and doesn't weight bear yet, i am currently using an icandy peach that i bought 2nd hand for her. I love it and she seems comfy but handle is very wobbly and i am looking to invest in a new pram that will do her until she hopefully is able to walk herself.

I would love a new icandy as the seat can take up to 25kg, but would love to hear other suggestions

I am looking for something pretty robust as we live in a rural area and it needs to be able to cope with the rough roads!

FlippedUpRightSide Tue 28-Mar-17 12:27:29

Phil and teds sport is amazing off road, even with a 7 yr old in... BUT it is heavy. I'd consider two buggies, leighweight second hand for travel etc but bigger for walks and forest etc.

Allthewaves Tue 28-Mar-17 21:54:02

We have a Phil and Ted explorer - old.old version. It's still comfortably fits my nearly 6 year old and you can blow tyres up for greater weight

ALemonyPea Tue 28-Mar-17 21:55:28

Nipper 360 is a good leightweight threewheeler.

hazeyjane Tue 28-Mar-17 21:57:11

I second the Nipper 360, also Mountain Buggy and Baby Jogger (with the big wheels)

lauryloo Thu 30-Mar-17 17:03:53

Thanks all.

I think I need to head to mothercare and try her in a few.

I love her facing me but I think I need to let her go world facing

minipie Thu 30-Mar-17 17:12:18

I have a nipper double and it's the easiest buggy to push ever, so I second the nipper recommendation.

I also have a P&T navigator and my tall 4.5yo fits it still, and will fit for a long time as the hood is totally adjustable. Plus it fits a sibling should you have one.

Both very robust. If you want parent facing hmm maybe the Armadillo Flip XT? I've never had one though.

gigglingHyena Fri 31-Mar-17 13:20:53

In terms of parent facing it's worth doing a quick test with the seat both ways round I found once they got a bit bigger it was quite a challenge getting up kerbs with most of the weight over the front wheels.

Seconding the recommendations for the "all terrain" style biggies being a good option for bigger children. We got away with a mothercare urban detour till 5 ish.

Rockinghorsehay Fri 31-Mar-17 20:33:34

Nipper Out n about easily accommodated my large 4 year old, very light and easy to push and fold. Great buggy, much cheaper than many too. Such a big fan of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now