Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Buggy for non walker

(9 Posts)
lauryloo Tue 28-Mar-17 12:06:37

my lg is 21 months and doesn't weight bear yet, i am currently using an icandy peach that i bought 2nd hand for her. I love it and she seems comfy but handle is very wobbly and i am looking to invest in a new pram that will do her until she hopefully is able to walk herself.

I would love a new icandy as the seat can take up to 25kg, but would love to hear other suggestions

I am looking for something pretty robust as we live in a rural area and it needs to be able to cope with the rough roads!

FlippedUpRightSide Tue 28-Mar-17 12:27:29

Phil and teds sport is amazing off road, even with a 7 yr old in... BUT it is heavy. I'd consider two buggies, leighweight second hand for travel etc but bigger for walks and forest etc.

Allthewaves Tue 28-Mar-17 21:54:02

We have a Phil and Ted explorer - old.old version. It's still comfortably fits my nearly 6 year old and you can blow tyres up for greater weight

ALemonyPea Tue 28-Mar-17 21:55:28

Nipper 360 is a good leightweight threewheeler.

hazeyjane Tue 28-Mar-17 21:57:11

I second the Nipper 360, also Mountain Buggy and Baby Jogger (with the big wheels)

lauryloo Thu 30-Mar-17 17:03:53

Thanks all.

I think I need to head to mothercare and try her in a few.

I love her facing me but I think I need to let her go world facing

minipie Thu 30-Mar-17 17:12:18

I have a nipper double and it's the easiest buggy to push ever, so I second the nipper recommendation.

I also have a P&T navigator and my tall 4.5yo fits it still, and will fit for a long time as the hood is totally adjustable. Plus it fits a sibling should you have one.

Both very robust. If you want parent facing hmm maybe the Armadillo Flip XT? I've never had one though.

gigglingHyena Fri 31-Mar-17 13:20:53

In terms of parent facing it's worth doing a quick test with the seat both ways round I found once they got a bit bigger it was quite a challenge getting up kerbs with most of the weight over the front wheels.

Seconding the recommendations for the "all terrain" style biggies being a good option for bigger children. We got away with a mothercare urban detour till 5 ish.

Rockinghorsehay Fri 31-Mar-17 20:33:34

Nipper Out n about easily accommodated my large 4 year old, very light and easy to push and fold. Great buggy, much cheaper than many too. Such a big fan of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: