Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Post 16 cuts

(4 Posts)
GoldenGumballs Mon 13-Mar-17 15:29:27

Has anyone else out there been affected by this yet? I've been told that from sept my 17yo DS will only get 3 days at school even though he has an EHC plan and has complex needs. This is heartbreaking as he loves school and he needs all the input he can plus the stress of trying to work etc. Please share if you've heard rumblings in your area (I'm in Yorkshire)

JsOtherHalf Mon 13-Mar-17 16:16:45

The pmld schools are full time. The young people who attend the special courses for 16+ with LD at the local college only attend for 3 days.

JsOtherHalf Mon 13-Mar-17 16:20:09

If parents work full time then there is sometimes a possibility of direct payments from the disabled children social work departments for the other two days. This can be used to buy days at day centres. It's not enough to pay for a PA.

GoldenGumballs Tue 14-Mar-17 09:59:59

Well it's happening in all pmld schools on Leeds and only a matter of time till rolled out nationally. We're trying to fight this but it's exhausting and so unfaIr to our children again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now