Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A boring school uniform question

(6 Posts)
Brolis Fri 10-Mar-17 16:49:07

I am sorry for the boring post, but I thought someone on here might be able to help me.

I have always bought school trousers for DS1 from Asda because they sell smart trousers that are fully elasticated with no zip, buttons or hook fastenings.This means that he can pull them on and off easily, and importantly for him, he can't end up walking around with his trousers undone. He still struggles with any kind of button or fastening. However, these trousers only go up to age 6-7.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy trousers in a bigger size that do not have any fastenings please?

Thank you very much

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 10-Mar-17 16:53:01

Don't quote me on this but I think Matalan do that style up to around age 10/11. BHS did too (well we have a couple of 7-8 pairs that my Aunt gave me for ds so I presume they at least do them to then) so it might be worth looking on ebay for old stock.

FrayedHem Fri 10-Mar-17 17:47:39

Marks and Spencer have pull on school trousers that go up to age 16. I can't voucher for quality or fit though.

enterthedragon Fri 10-Mar-17 19:53:32

If you can't find any pull on one's for an older child you could stitch the zip up, remove the button and stitch or glue (fabric glue) the buttonhole flap to the button flap.

I have actually super glued the zip together before now and that worked really well.

Bogburglar75 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:07:58

Depending how 'sturdy' he is, and/or whether you can do some alterations, sturdykids.com do a range of fully elasticated up to about 11-12 years.

I think M and S also have a new Easy Dressing range which includes fully elasticated -
Check online.

Brolis Fri 10-Mar-17 21:24:34

Thank you very much for all of your suggestions.

Bernard, you are spot on. I found trousers on the Matalan website straight away.

I am completely useless at sewing to the extent that I use fabric glue to stick name labels in all of DS1's uniform.

I will look at the M and S website too. DS 1 is definitely not "sturdy", but I will remember the "Sturdy Kids" website for his little brother who probably is a bit. He is not overweight, he is just very short for his age so he has not stretched out in the way a lot of children do.

I knew you would come to my rescue. You are all brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now