Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone's little ones LOVE making dens/arranging furniture and objects?

(7 Posts)
Blossom4538 Tue 07-Mar-17 19:32:09

Hi all,
Any of your little ones with high functioning autism/aspergers, love setting up dens/arranging furniture?! Seems to be a slight obsession at the mo...

Blossom4538 Tue 07-Mar-17 19:32:41

Latest den

Blossom4538 Tue 07-Mar-17 19:34:15

More arranging objects

Blossom4538 Tue 07-Mar-17 19:36:00

More arranging neatly....! Think just kiddy thing to do or ASD tendancy/trait?!

Allthewaves Wed 08-Mar-17 10:51:11

Yep my ds hfa asd and ds with adhd order stuff. They are banned from using my sofa cushions as they have trashed them. We have a tent and big blankets. Bottom bunk of bunk bed often becomes a den

MerryMarigold Wed 08-Mar-17 10:59:03

My kids are obsessed with dens. They are now 8 (twins) and 11. Two of my kids are very much along those lines of reorganising and ordering 'messy' things into lines/ colours etc. especially older one. Perhaps they have tendencies but they are not diagnosed on the spectrum. Ds1 definitely has some kind of additional needs but not severe enough to get through any kind of test though he was on special needs reg for a while for various difficulties.

I can highly recommend Kidcampz. Bought it a few years ago and it is their most played with toy. It's basically a combination of construction and den making - so you build your own 'camp'. Sadly, I tried to look it up and think they have gone out of business, but not sure if they'd be on ebay secondhand. It is a truly brilliant concept - how sad it not successful.

MerryMarigold Wed 08-Mar-17 11:07:02

This camouflage net is also great. We use it with some very large pegs, or the netting can also catch on things eg. banister/ chair arms etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now