Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How long after Tribunal win should school provide new provision

(5 Posts)
amunt Tue 28-Feb-17 22:19:36

We won 1:1 LSA over a month ago at Tribunal and there is no sign of it so far or news of when the support will be available. Anyone know the legal time frame for schools?

Thanks

Megatherium Wed 01-Mar-17 14:05:55

You should have had a bit of paper with the decision setting out what the timescales are for implementing it. I assume the decision was that they must amend the EHCP? I think they have 5 weeks to do that, and once the new EHCP has been issued then it is a legal obligation on the LA to ensure that all the provision in section F is available. Normally a bit of leeway would be allowed to allow for a 1:1 to be recruited, but of course the normal expectation would be that they start that process as soon as they have the decision.

tartanterror Wed 01-Mar-17 20:03:35

A totally unrelated profession but my work goes on the basis that it takes about 3 months to get a new staff member in post once a decision to recruit has been made. They have to advertise, interview and then allow for a notice period. I suppose if you pressed you could maybe get a temp.... but do you want the disruption? If I were you I'd chase them but expect it to take a bit longer to get someone in post. Good luck

Megatherium Wed 01-Mar-17 20:09:02

If there's a problem with recruiting, the school can always get someone temporary in from a supply agency; plus in practice it's very rare to recruit a TA that has to give notice. I don't think the disruption element outweighs the potential harm to a child left without support they need for several weeks.

amunt Wed 01-Mar-17 22:39:46

Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now