Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bedtime stories / guided meditations

(6 Posts)
Areyoufree Tue 28-Feb-17 19:24:05

Bedtime is always a nightmare. My daughter has trouble switching off, and it can take up to two hours, several tantrums, shouting etc. Someone on here mentioned guided meditations / bedtime stories, so I had a quick look on youtube and found a whole load of amazing ones! For the last week, bedtime has been a dream - most of the time it has only taken one track (less than 20 minutes), and some nights two, but I haven't had to go upstairs for any reason other than putting the next video on. Amazing.

Just thought I would throw that out there, in case anyone else had thought about trying something like this, but didn't want to spend any money without knowing if it worked! I have had so much good advice from this forum - stress free bedtimes make such a difference!

tartanterror Wed 01-Mar-17 20:06:24

I was looking into that a while back but haven't done it - I've been experimenting with other things. Could you post links to some good ones please?!

tartanterror Wed 01-Mar-17 20:07:32

I also meant to say - yay! Great news

Areyoufree Wed 01-Mar-17 22:11:18

There's a whole channel on YouTube called Sleep Ezy Tonight. Not sure how to post links on my phone, but the stories are read by Jason Stephenson. There are a whole bunch of different stories there, and so far they have worked every night. Now, if they could just find a way to keep them asleep all night...

tartanterror Wed 01-Mar-17 22:49:27

Thanks!!

Waitingforsleep Thu 02-Mar-17 12:11:02

We have also done cosmic kids before we go to bed- it's on u tube and is yoga it's really good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now