We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA - Covering letter

(6 Posts)
MariamaMay Mon 27-Feb-17 21:45:07

Hi,

I think I need to send a covering letter as don't think I made my son's care needs clear on the form. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to set it out? I mean the general layout etc. I need to write the letter ASAP and am in a bit of a panic. Youngest also poorly right now which is not helping me think clearly!

Any ideas/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

scrabble1 Wed 08-Mar-17 14:32:43

Hi I noticed that no one answered, hope you are ok. Don't panic you can ring them or post additional information

Moonandstarsandback Wed 08-Mar-17 16:13:49

I wrote additional pages referring to each question on the form, so I could elaborate LOTS!!! I'd make it as clear as possible for each bit if you can. Are you using the cerebra guide?

MariamaMay Sat 11-Mar-17 23:44:12

Thank you for replies. Yes, I did use the cerebra guide. But I wasn't sure how many examples to include. How concise to be versus how much to explain. I kept repeating myself a lot!!!

I think my anxiety comes from the fact the assessors - who so I am led to believe - are not actually necessarily trained in health.

The form has gone and I am waiting to hear back. Any help at all would be amazing. But I am not holding my breath!

LisaDuncan Tue 14-Mar-17 12:32:29

Hi Mariama when did you post your forms? Did you add a covering letter? I sent my DD off on 7th March and dreading waiting as I am sure we will be turned down as even using the cerebra guide its so hard to know how much to include confused

MariamaMay Sun 19-Mar-17 22:21:29

Hi there Lisa. My forms went off end of Feb. Got letter this weekend and little one awarded DLA. I think the Cerebra guide helped a lot. I did mostly bullet points for key issues/care needs etc and that seemed to be OK. And included Paediatrician report and a couple of others. Hope you hear something soon - I found it quite stressful. Such a relief to have it sorted .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now