Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA - Covering letter

(6 Posts)
MariamaMay Mon 27-Feb-17 21:45:07

Hi,

I think I need to send a covering letter as don't think I made my son's care needs clear on the form. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to set it out? I mean the general layout etc. I need to write the letter ASAP and am in a bit of a panic. Youngest also poorly right now which is not helping me think clearly!

Any ideas/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

scrabble1 Wed 08-Mar-17 14:32:43

Hi I noticed that no one answered, hope you are ok. Don't panic you can ring them or post additional information

Moonandstarsandback Wed 08-Mar-17 16:13:49

I wrote additional pages referring to each question on the form, so I could elaborate LOTS!!! I'd make it as clear as possible for each bit if you can. Are you using the cerebra guide?

MariamaMay Sat 11-Mar-17 23:44:12

Thank you for replies. Yes, I did use the cerebra guide. But I wasn't sure how many examples to include. How concise to be versus how much to explain. I kept repeating myself a lot!!!

I think my anxiety comes from the fact the assessors - who so I am led to believe - are not actually necessarily trained in health.

The form has gone and I am waiting to hear back. Any help at all would be amazing. But I am not holding my breath!

LisaDuncan Tue 14-Mar-17 12:32:29

Hi Mariama when did you post your forms? Did you add a covering letter? I sent my DD off on 7th March and dreading waiting as I am sure we will be turned down as even using the cerebra guide its so hard to know how much to include confused

MariamaMay Sun 19-Mar-17 22:21:29

Hi there Lisa. My forms went off end of Feb. Got letter this weekend and little one awarded DLA. I think the Cerebra guide helped a lot. I did mostly bullet points for key issues/care needs etc and that seemed to be OK. And included Paediatrician report and a couple of others. Hope you hear something soon - I found it quite stressful. Such a relief to have it sorted .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now