Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Therapist in East Herts

(3 Posts)
thatsthewayitgoes Sat 18-Feb-17 22:10:02

Can anyone recommend a decent therapist in east Herts? My daughter (age 11) has OCD and newly diagnosed ASD - she's been under CAMHS for the OCD but they are now washing their hands of her due to ASD diagnosis. I am fuming about that and putting in a formal complaint but the long and short of it is they haven't got a clue about ASD and their ideas about what it means are so archaic it's scary. Whilst we try and get somewhere with the NHS does anyone know of a private therapist? In depth knowledge and understanding of how ASD manifests in girls is a must, along with an ability to work with us on the anxiety and OCD. Thanks in advance x

tartanterror Sun 19-Feb-17 14:58:39

Never seen her personally but I have had my eye on Jo Ham as she has a lot of experience with children. Is she near enough? No idea about her ASD experience. Human Givens is a really great approach - and a breath of fresh air compared to CAMHS. I've used it personally with great success - it was all done with visualisation and I didn't have to talk about it - very clever and took 15 minutes to offload some stuff that had weighed me down for years! Let me know how you get on if you see her!

thatsthewayitgoes Tue 21-Feb-17 18:33:28

Thank you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now