Just received an answering message from the LA about DS' EHCP. They want to arrange a meeting for 6 weeks time to discuss what needs to go in his plan. This is great news - happy to go to meeting. HOWEVER, EHCP process is already past week 20 and to wait another 6 weeks to even discuss a first draft seems ridiculous and means that we may not get it finalised until well after Easter.
We need to phone them back to agree to date for meeting. How do I say yes to meeting but explain that the date they are proposing is too far away and this meeting really needs to happen in next two weeks. Won't they just say they don't have any dates available before then?
Say it anyway in writing/email. If you know who they want to ask to the meeting just give them a call to see what dates they can do. Do not consider you are overstepping, just consider yourself a facilitator.
This sounds a bit arse about tit! Usually assessment is done, then then decide wether to issue or not and if they issue they produce a draft. The draft is produced using the reports gathered during assessment.
What week are you up to now? An EP was made miraculously available after I started quoted the various regs to as many LA SEN staff as I could find emails for. He did refuse to observe or assess DS1 though!