Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DD2 has passed stage 2 of CAMHS (relief)

(5 Posts)
lougle Fri 10-Feb-17 15:11:17

So after a long wait since Christmas, I finally called CAMHS, who said school's paperwork hadn't reached them <head-desk>. I knew our lovely SENCO had sent the paperwork because I'd been with her on the day she'd sent it and she chased me to make sure I'd sent my paperwork in, telling me that she had sent her paperwork and emailed CAMHS to tell them that she had done so. But CAMHS said they had neither the paperwork or the email.

So 6 weeks later, SENCO (who is great) resubmitted. Then a few days later they said that one page was missing. <sigh>.

Anyway. Today, 14 weeks after I first emailed my self-referral and 8 weeks after we first submitted our assessment forms, I've found out that DD2 has passed 'stage 2' of the process and will get an initial assessment appointment.

The waiting list is very long, apparently, so we won't hear anything else until at least April, but she will be seen.

Of course, they could decide at that appointment that she doesn't require in depth assessment, but at least they are going to see her.

PolterGoose Fri 10-Feb-17 15:30:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrayedHem Fri 10-Feb-17 16:52:43

Yay! Another hurdle jumped. Hope the next stage is less of a palava. wine brew

youarenotkiddingme Fri 10-Feb-17 17:58:30

Oh I hoped this was you.

Good luck. Is this the choices appointment? I found that a good appointment for really speaking face to face about difficulties and what had been tried. I hope you don't wait too long and get on the assessment pathway.

lougle Fri 10-Feb-17 18:04:08

Yes, it's the choices appointment. I'm trying to hold it lightly and remember that it still doesn't mean that they will want to assess her. They could still decide she doesn't need CAMHS at that stage. But, for now, I'm just relieved that we've got past the questionnaire stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now