Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

EHCP ADHD

(8 Posts)
scrabble1 Fri 03-Feb-17 10:11:20

Hi just wondering if anyone else has had similar circumstances and managed to secure an EHCP for their child? Ds is in Year 6 and I recently sent off the application myself. He is about a Year 2 level and socially/emotionally behind peers. His My Plan (precursor to EHCP) was set up in October with Ed Psych and is being reviewed with her, the SENCO and myself next week. I'm feeling so anxious and low with it all. Also DS behaviour can be very difficult. This morning he was fixated at looking at a certain lego figure on e bay and was very angry and refusing to leave for school. He just couldn't see the need to hurry

tartanterror Sat 04-Feb-17 21:47:24

No experience with ADHD but was told plenty of times we had no chance with "mild ASD". We have had application to assess accepted (to shock at school) so we will see what happens next.

Why did you apply for an EHC assessment now? I did it as we'd been ignored. You may have more difficulty as you've been seen by an ed psych and have a plan. What particular health or education problems is your DS having? What evidence do you have from professionals?

scrabble1 Sun 05-Feb-17 16:38:42

Hi because DS is going to Secondary school this September and he will be very vulnerable due to poor social skills. He presents much younget than his age of 10. His schoolwork is at a year 2 level and learning support said he will need a grest deal of extra aupport. School stepped up thr amount of support he was receiving in class but still no improvement. He has been on school action plus for over 4 years. ADHD nurse has observed him in class numerous times

Allthewaves Mon 06-Feb-17 21:11:05

I would query if it's purely adhd - have they assessed for learning difficulties?

Allthewaves Mon 06-Feb-17 21:12:32

Many disorders go hand in hand with adhd. I found additude online mag quite useful when looking at comorbid conditions

breathandexhale Mon 06-Feb-17 21:25:55

Here is my personal take on it. We are mid assessment for EHCP and it went straight to assessment, not because our LA adhere to the rather low test in law, but because when we applied, we had already done a raft of assessments and had a firm diagnosis, so it was clear that their own assessments would have thrown up similar outcomes.

We had, by the time we applied, spent thousands. It is unfair and unjust and we were fortunate enough to be able to find the money but i feel angry for those who arent able to push in the way we have.

One of the LA assessors repeatedly referred to one of our private reports and though I didnt say anything at the time, I knew he would not have been sitting there without that report.

flyhigh Wed 08-Feb-17 21:39:13

Our situation is the same as the above posters. We put forward a parental request for statementing (several years ago). We took our daughter to a leading children's hospital privately and also spent an awful lot of money. We applied with all of our reports and findings in the December and she had a 21 hour statement in the March. Outrageous really that we had to do that but obviously very fortunate that we could.

scrabble1 Thu 09-Feb-17 10:09:49

His diagnosis is AdHD with "complex overlapping profile"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now