Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sleep issues- someone please come and save my sanity!

(8 Posts)
Waitingforsleep Sun 29-Jan-17 00:46:19

So here I am again 12.45am.
I'm tired! Please help!

Dd - 8 dx of anxiety but maybe more camhs are starting to look. I wonder sensory /asd or ADHD I don't know or if it's relevant to sleep but there is something else.

Anyway been on melatonin for a year - all great as she used to not be able to get off to sleep at all, like insomnia thoughts keeping her awake.
She cannot stay asleep and wakes often around
Midnight is then very angry and shouts and screams at me for over half an hour. Wants to get into my bed.
Calms and is very sorry and I sit and settle her again.

Just to add to the mix ds who is 5 wakes when she screams and is frightened.
He also can't get to sleep and wakes in the night
They both wake early from 6am and it does t matter what time I put them to bed they wake that time. No lies ins nothing

I'm shattered sad

PolterGoose Sun 29-Jan-17 08:42:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Waitingforsleep Sun 29-Jan-17 09:55:57

Sometimes yes didn't know that, other times not though

JsOtherHalf Sun 29-Jan-17 17:30:04

w3.cerebra.org.uk/help-and-information/sleep-service/

Waitingforsleep Sun 29-Jan-17 19:09:07

Thanks will
Look at that too tired tonight!
Hope you don't have to pay though as I have paid out lots already for things so can't afford anymore

JsOtherHalf Sun 29-Jan-17 19:41:02

No, Cerebra is free.

LongDivision Sun 29-Jan-17 21:31:22

could it be night terrors? I was just reading that you can try waking the child 15 minutes before the night terrors usually occur, and if this is done for a few days it may break the cycle.

Waitingforsleep Mon 30-Jan-17 15:06:54

I think it is half and half, sometime yes defiantly night terrors so I can look at they but then that would mean setting my alarm for 11.30 and waking her? Other times it is just because she wants to go in my bed. I will talk to her and see if she can tell me when she is calm and not near bedtime!)
I woke this am to find she had snook in, I must have been shattered as I didn't hear her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now