Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OT in Enfield, Barnet, St Albans

(7 Posts)
McWeedie Tue 24-Jan-17 23:55:07

Can anyone recommend a private OT for Sensory Integration Disorder please. DS has been on the waiting list for months and we desperately need help. Thanks

tartanterror Wed 25-Jan-17 19:06:56

The only OTs in London with fully kitted SI gyms for Jean Ayres style therapy are Beanstalk in Essex, Kiki's in Clapham or Hopscotch in W1. You can find other OTs who offer therapy with sensory elements but it's quite difficult to work out what you might get. You could also look at Brainwave in Essex who train parents to do DIY therapy at home for much less cost. The latter is daily while the gym based is weekly so it's much more intensive without the need for travel.

tartanterror Wed 25-Jan-17 19:07:47

Not sure how much sensory work the OTs offer at Brainwave - you'd need to ask

McWeedie Thu 26-Jan-17 18:49:08

Thank you, will look into it smile

Lauder123 Sat 28-Jan-17 11:24:06

Hi - my son goes to Hemispheres in St Albans I would really recommend them. We have no formal diagnosis for him but he has a number of significant OT issues and I was getting so fed up with the lack of NHS help and support that I went to them for a review and have been going monthly since. Message me if you want more information.

tartanterror Sat 28-Jan-17 20:37:27

Hemispheres are nice and know about lots of useful stuff - but do they have a sensory gym? When we went there for an assessment it was a plain consultation room/no swings etc

McWeedie Tue 31-Jan-17 00:09:07

Thanks for the replies I will look into Hemispheres.

DS sensory issue seems to be noise related he also suffers from severe anxiety.

Have no idea what I should be looking for in an OT. Tbh I don't even know what they do (feel really stupid even saying that) I'm just scrabbling about and really out of my depth. If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now