Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

LA tactics at Tribunal

(16 Posts)
amunt Tue 17-Jan-17 21:18:00

Just a rant about how awful these Hertfordshire people really are.
Had our Tribunal yesterday, our advocate bumped into their team on the court steps and asked if they had any late evidence, to which they answered no. Five minutes before it starts, they submit two pieces of new evidence which could have been submitted weeks before. It was full of falsehoods and the judge allowed it. On the other hand when I mentioned that 3 ASD children (that's most of the children with autism) had left the school last term because new HT had removed support, I was shut up and told it was not relevant. I thought it was pretty relevant given the LAs case rested on evidence from HT that she was going to provide all necessary support. It was farcical, no idea what the outcome will be, even though they submitted virtually no evidence.

tartanterror Tue 17-Jan-17 21:39:17

How awful and stressful. Fingers crossed for you

Megatherium Wed 18-Jan-17 14:27:05

Sounds like the chair was weak. I hope the outcome is the right one.

youarenotkiddingme Wed 18-Jan-17 21:40:35

Sadly I think it can rest on a good judge who can see through the crap.

I won my refusal to assess purely on the games la played and on a school that is run by politicians - talk the talk and happily lie!!!

But the judge saw through it all.

Were you asked if you accept the evidence? All my late evidence had to have been sent to la to view before the day before I was allowed to request it.

There was a further report I mentioned the contents of but mentioned I'd not bought as late evidence as I'd only received it the day before.

I'm sure if there has been practice within the tribunal which doesn't follow the rules of tribunal then you can appeal the decision made. I'd give IPSea a call for advice.

SoFedUpOfPeople Wed 18-Jan-17 22:17:51

Apparently they are the second worst county. Only beaten by Essex.

Good luck for the outcome and talk to IPSEA as a pp advised.

amunt Wed 18-Jan-17 23:07:45

Thanks all. The judges didn't appear that bad, it just seemed so routine that this sort of thing was done. The worst thing was that all the work we have done over the last year to give ds academic skills was claimed by the school as their progress and evidence for no further support required. By school I mean a demonic anti sen new HT desperate to please the LA.

Megatherium Thu 19-Jan-17 00:37:24

I'd have thought Kent beats Hertfordshire! Also Croydon.

amunt Thu 26-Jan-17 22:50:27

Just thought I'd let you know WE WON.

Twinkletowedelephant Thu 26-Jan-17 22:54:41

Great news

Megatherium Thu 26-Jan-17 22:55:51

Brilliant!

WhoKn0wsWhereTheTimeG0es Thu 26-Jan-17 22:56:13

Well done!

FrayedHem Fri 27-Jan-17 11:53:06

Fantastic!

PolterGoose Fri 27-Jan-17 15:12:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 27-Jan-17 17:03:14

YAY!! Well done for not giving up 💐

youarenotkiddingme Sat 28-Jan-17 10:25:39

Fantastic wine

lougle Sat 28-Jan-17 12:55:01

Fantastic°°

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now