Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Davros - it's in the water....

(22 Posts)
eidsvold Wed 21-Feb-07 04:53:53

think it is something in the water Davros - want some too

Piffle is also pregnant and i thought redbull was??? was about heartinthecountry?? or has she had her babe.

Pregnant brain - can't keep up with anything.

FioFio Wed 21-Feb-07 08:29:36

Message withdrawn

Jimjams2 Wed 21-Feb-07 08:46:16

coppertop whaaaa????? wow. congratulations. (thank god dh has had the snip- I got myself some guinea pigs instead )

eidsvold Wed 21-Feb-07 11:06:27

coppertop?!?!?!?! I did not know that one - how did I miss that.

Thank you for letting me know about hitc - obviously missed that one too.

TeeCee Wed 21-Feb-07 11:08:03

LOL!

Saker Wed 21-Feb-07 12:24:24

Are you really sure about Coppertop? - I think we'd better check that one before it spreads any further . Coppertop where are you ?

FioFio Wed 21-Feb-07 13:09:06

Message withdrawn

PeachyClair Wed 21-Feb-07 13:10:45

Blimey!!!

I shall have to whip DH aside if it catching (yeah right LOL- maybe another few months, yet- he's saving for the chelsea tractor though!)

So and so

heartinthecountry Wed 21-Feb-07 13:58:09

Hiya - no I am certainly not pregnant again!

I had a little girl called Ember. She's 7 months now which is scary! haven't been on here much as tbh struggled a bit with looking after both her and dd1 but am beginning to venture back out into the virtual world beyond baby sick.

Can CT really be pregnant again?! Fool...

Davros Wed 21-Feb-07 14:30:46

Hi HITC, hope all is going well!
Thank Eidsvold, no I don't want any of that weird water (sounds like slang for you-know-what)! Had another definitive conversation with DH at the weekend about DD not having another sibling but the risk of ASD..... oh and me being 47 now! I said it was the last chance but we decided against. I even suggested adoption, not because I'm campaigning but just to make sure we have both really, really decided.... and we have. So good luck to all of you, I will always be here for crap advice, ha ha!

coppertop Wed 21-Feb-07 14:49:34

Yikes!

<faints with shock>

No I'm definitely not pregnant. I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment.

Saker Wed 21-Feb-07 15:02:14

I think it's your "Time for another.." thread coming back to haunt you...

PeachyClair Wed 21-Feb-07 15:12:35

LOL CT

was surprised I hadnt heard I must say!

coppertop Wed 21-Feb-07 15:56:41

I'd forgotten about that thread title.

heartinthecountry Wed 21-Feb-07 21:29:07

Hi Davros

eidsvold Wed 21-Feb-07 21:34:48

i thought it was strange that i had missed that

but hitc to be 7 months behind you Where have I been?!?!

FioFio Wed 21-Feb-07 21:46:24

Message withdrawn

sphil Wed 21-Feb-07 22:39:56

Oh Davros, DH and I have had a number of those conversations recently! But I'm 46... And DH thinks it wouldn't be fair on DS2 to have another child, natural or adopted. But I just think about DS1 and what he's missing. Still haven't quite ruled it out, secretly

Davros Thu 22-Feb-07 10:17:51

Sphil, I would look more into adoption at this point but I'm not determined enough to campaign with DH or get upset about it. We did look into it years ago when my health meant that I was advised not to get pg at that time. But we decided to wait to see if I got well enough and I did.

sphil Thu 22-Feb-07 21:36:08

It hit me the other day when DS1's friend came round to play. They were chasing each other round and tickling and drawing together and having such childish fun - DS1 just doesn't get enough of that.

I haven't gone into it at all though - aren't we too old to be considered for adoption in this country? I used to work with the Vietnamese and Chinese community when I was teaching in London and the idea of adopting a Chinese girl has always been at the back of my mind, way before I had the DSs. I just worry that it would be unfair on the child - our way of life isn't exactly straightforward!

Davros Fri 23-Feb-07 09:16:25

We did look into it and I think there are far less restrictions like age etc than you would think. We went to the Coram Foundation which had a special scheme to adopt babies which we could have joined. So the general public will tell you that you can't get babies, you have to be a certain age etc etc and I think a lot of it is not true. Unfortunately a lot of children available for adoption in the UK have special needs or other issues. We just decided that we'd take a chance on our own "dud" rather than someone else's (please see other thread about un-PC ness before complaining!). I have also thought about adoption from abroad which can also be done, lots of people do it, but as far as I know it is more difficult, unless you are Madonna.

sphil Fri 23-Feb-07 14:13:53

Well people say we are quite similar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now