Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I've come on here where the nice people are...

(27 Posts)
DinosChapman Tue 20-Feb-07 15:54:35

It's Dinosaur, by the way.

buggies banned from school

doddle Tue 20-Feb-07 15:56:27

Dino, have replied on other not so nice people thread.

Talk to JB, I don't think they'll be a problem, but as I said on t'other thread, it's the first i've heard of it!!

I really should read the Mag

DinosChapman Tue 20-Feb-07 15:57:48

I will speak to Jane.

We did coax him out of the buggy last parents' evening - it was hilarious. DS1 was mortified.

coppertop Tue 20-Feb-07 15:59:48

Nice?

I only saw the OP before I posted. I had to start leaving ds2 at home with dh because he kept staging a sit-in and refused to move (ds2, not dh). And he was bl**dy heavy.

FioFio Tue 20-Feb-07 16:00:33

Message withdrawn

coppertop Tue 20-Feb-07 16:01:37

<elbows Fio and sticks out tongue>

magsi Tue 20-Feb-07 16:05:08

Hi there Dino, I agree with you on this one, I have to bring my double buggie into school (although you are not supposed to). My ds1 is 5 and has cp. He attends a ms school two days of the week and they like all buggies to be kept outside. Im afraid I take it in through because it has my daughter and other son in it. besides, I couldn,t carry my son, hold my daughters hand, carry my ds1's communication aid which comes in a brief case, carry his ruck sack and his pump bag all at the same time!! Im afraid I would ignore this sign and take my buggy in anyway. Its only a small inconvenience to walk round them isn't it. Honestly us british do like to flippin' moan

Socci Tue 20-Feb-07 16:14:35

Message withdrawn

2mum Tue 20-Feb-07 16:45:21

Hi Dino hopefully it can be sorted out and you will be allowed the buggy in.

Jimjams2 Tue 20-Feb-07 16:52:11

Oh I had ignored that thread, but can guess. Will read now.

2shoes Tue 20-Feb-07 17:11:31

dino.
speak to the school. they will have to accommodate you. I mean if he was in a wheelchair they wouldn't be able to ban them

DinosChapman Tue 20-Feb-07 17:20:45

Coppertop, you of course were nice on the other thread .

Davros Tue 20-Feb-07 18:56:41

Hmmmm. One person was quite rude but she seems to have apologised! I can quite see why you thought it was a good idea to start the thread there as it must be a problem for lots of others, but seems not!

DinosChapman Tue 20-Feb-07 21:04:05

Yes! Perhaps I should start a thread in AIBU; asking if I was unreasonable to start that thread in AIBU instead of SN?

mummytosteven Tue 20-Feb-07 22:03:09

surely it must be some sort of infringement of DDA if buggies are barred where they are being used because a child has some disability?

Dingle Tue 20-Feb-07 22:55:38

LOL...yeah makes great sense. It was hard enough dropping off/collecting DS from school with Amelia WITH a buggy, god knows how I would ever have managed without one!!!
Carrying her was (and still is) like carrying a dead weight. For us it wasn't getting her out the buggy...but trying to get her back in it!!

Hugs Dingle....who can be nice at times too!

macwoozy Tue 20-Feb-07 23:36:00

I can see why you're bothered about this dinosaur. When my ds was your ds3's age, he used to react badly if I made him do anything that he wasn't happy with, literally anything, especially like getting in or out of a pushchair when it wasn't on his terms. (Now I can just about encourage him if he's in a good mood} Talk about creating a disturbance. I understand totally why this new arrangement at the school can cause you even more problems.

eidsvold Wed 21-Feb-07 05:14:54

i would be bolshy enough to just take my buggy in and see if anyone challenges me about it then say sn - disability discrimination etc and see what they say.

DinosChapman Wed 21-Feb-07 17:05:22

Thanks everyone. I'm sure we can sort something out for DS3, given his apparent special needs.

Marina Wed 21-Feb-07 17:08:47

Dino I am really sorry. Hardly surprising though, is it . Really.
Hopefully the school will be receptive to your very sound motives for querying this.

pinkchampagne Fri 23-Feb-07 16:24:18

Sorry dino - I only read the OP before posting too.

You ok?

MrsPhilipGlenister Fri 23-Feb-07 16:35:05

I'm fine, thanks pc! All cheered up now.

pinkchampagne Fri 23-Feb-07 16:40:50

Good!
New name?!

MrsPhilipGlenister Fri 23-Feb-07 16:48:37

Yes, most unlike me to have such a girly crush. Must be a midlife crisis .

pinkchampagne Fri 23-Feb-07 17:08:39

Nothing wrong with girly crushes! I have one on Anthony Kiedis right now!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: