Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can't find information - can anyone help! Ehcp/CF act

(5 Posts)
youarenotkiddingme Tue 27-Dec-16 20:14:57

Someone linked to the C and F act information with regards the la duties when carrying out ehcp assessment.

I win my tribunal - yay! - and have had la letter stating they've considered information and have decided to carry out assessment hmm

So it says they will do it under the act and seek information from EP, HT (except they've requested it from wrong school confused) and designated medical officer. Also social care.

They've also stated I'm entitled to be at any assessment but they recommend a child not having parent present as the child can act differently hmm

So I know they actually by law have to inform me that I can request certain information and that I can refuse ds to be reassessed where there are recent reports. (So I'm going to suggest putting ds through repeated assessments he's had in last 6 months - most of which I wasn't present for - will increase his anxiety again and won't tell us anything different)

I do have specific information they should seek though and request that.

What I can't seem to find is the bit of the act where this is stated! Could someone te link it here for me? I've looked through past thread I thought it may be on but still cannot find it.

TIA

Friolero Tue 27-Dec-16 21:20:32

I'm not sure where in the C&F Act it says that (sorry) but this may be useful?

https://www.ipsea.org.uk/what-you-need-to-know/ehc-needs-assessments/what-happens-during-an-ehc-needs-assessment

youarenotkiddingme Tue 27-Dec-16 21:57:50

Thank you. That's really helpful.

Megatherium Wed 28-Dec-16 16:36:59

SEN Code of Practice 2015, Chapter 9 - especially paragraphs 9.45 to 9.52. The statutory basis is in the SEND Regulations 2014 especially Regulation 6.

tartanterror Wed 28-Dec-16 20:44:41

Well done on your appeal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now