Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ABA consultants - Duncan Fennemore/Georgiana Barzey/ recommendations please

(12 Posts)
teaandbics Sun 18-Dec-16 00:24:03

Hello all,

We have had a recent diagnosis of autism in relation to our little boy who is 3. We are now trying to pick ourselves up and put an ABA programme in place. We are based in West London.

I am looking for a provider, but this is all totally new and I'm unsure where to start. I would be really grateful for any feedback on your consultants. It would be very helpful to have any recommendations (as well as those to avoid!). Duncan Fennemore and Georgiana Barzey have both been highly recommended, but I am wondering (particularly re DF) if they will just be too busy to be hands on enough. If you wouldn't mind emailing or PM'ing me I'd be very grateful.

Thanks so much in advance.

Usernamealreadyexists Sun 18-Dec-16 10:07:15

Not sure if you posted before but have a look at Focus West London. GB is the Consultant for the Saturday school in Shepherd's Bush. Each child gets a 1:1 tutor over the 13 weeks.

teaandbics Sun 18-Dec-16 13:11:35

Hi, I did post before, and I looked up Focus West London after you mentioned them. We thought they looked great (thank you) so we registered and emailed them. We haven't heard anything yet, but I will chase up. (I hadn't realised that GB was involved - my DH contacted Focus WL as we have been divvying up tasks!). Thanks again, I really appreciate it

Usernamealreadyexists Sun 18-Dec-16 13:36:54

Good luck!

Sausagepickle123 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:43:03

Other sources of info about ABA consultants:
Local facebook ASD groups should have info on locally operating consultants (there will probably be some closed groups - if you post on some local mummy forums I am sure someone will direct you)
ABA UK Yahoo group - it is a closed group so you will have to ask to join but worth it for ABA info.
Check out ABAA4ALL website (and facebook group) for info on ABA and I think there are some consultant recommendations on there
Also check out BCBA qualifications on BACB website.

teaandbics Sun 18-Dec-16 21:23:05

Oh thanks so much! This is really helpful. I'll check these all out.

sickofsocalledexperts Thu 22-Dec-16 18:56:25

Both are good, I know them personally

teaandbics Fri 23-Dec-16 06:47:34

Thanks very much. Would it be ok if I pm'd you with a quick question?

Usernamealreadyexists Fri 23-Dec-16 10:42:42

Georgiana is a really warm and understanding person. I haven't used her yet but she spent an hour talking to me on the phone in the evening. She's someone who genuinely cares.

teaandbics Fri 23-Dec-16 13:44:15

Oh that's great that she was so accessible and helpful for you. Thanks very much for letting me know

Usernamealreadyexists Fri 23-Dec-16 21:49:13

Sending you a pm

teaandbics Fri 23-Dec-16 23:01:36

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now