Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

First camhs appt adhd, what to expect

(9 Posts)
FFSenoughofthis Sat 17-Dec-16 12:49:06

We have our first appointment this week with camhs for suspected adhd. I have absolutely no idea what to expect! Could anyone share their experiences please? Thanks!

PolterGoose Sat 17-Dec-16 18:40:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Sat 17-Dec-16 18:45:31

Yes , we went through CAMHS when Dd3 was being assessed. They took a history and also asked us what we wanted to get out of the referral.

Dd3 helped our cause by sitting with her back to the practitioner on her Dads knee and butting in and answering questions when she felt like it, without turning round.

We met with a mental health practitioner who then recommended that Dd3 was referred on to tier 2 which was several appointments with a mental health nurse.

Good luck flowers

FFSenoughofthis Sun 18-Dec-16 09:18:40

Thanks, I'm going to note down all my concerns today - it's been going on years and we've been constantly fobbed off so there's always stuff I forget!

School don't seem too bothered atm as she's ahead of where she should be and she's in a class where she doesn't massively stand out due to the needs of a lot of the other kids. A leader at another club did tell me she has no attention span and is easily led though (and then leads everyone else astray with her!)

Getting quite nervous for it now!

PolterGoose Sun 18-Dec-16 09:25:22

FFSenoughofthis Sun 18-Dec-16 09:38:18

I wouldn't have thought to ask, thanks for that!

PolterGoose Sun 18-Dec-16 10:23:29

FFSenoughofthis Sun 18-Dec-16 10:33:01

Nhs email addresses are usually quite easy to work out anyway as they all follow the same format 😉

PolterGoose Sun 18-Dec-16 10:42:22

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now