Dirk Flower, Mike Davies or Allan Willis for EP?

(7 Posts)
Usernamealreadyexists Thu 15-Dec-16 12:43:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
DeepanKrispanEven Thu 15-Dec-16 18:08:21

Allan Willis is probably the best of those, but he can be incredibly difficult to get hold of.

tartanterror Thu 15-Dec-16 22:32:59

Hi. Why do you want to get an EP assessment to start with? The legal test for initiating an EHC Assessment is quite low the child "may" have SEN and "may" benefit from a Plan. If you have a diagnosis you can satisfy the SEN test and then it's down to gathering evidence for the second part of the test. I was advised to get started and save on any specialist reports for later in the process as they go out of date - the EHC assessment is mainly by an EP so you shouldn't need an EP to get started... I recently submitted our paperwork and am waiting for progress so I'm just starting out...

what reports do you have? What evidence do you have that he's struggling? Have you found the "four areas of need" and tried to list out your DS' areas of difficulty? It's all about record keeping, evidence and reports. You need to show why your DS has significantly more difficulty learning than other children - that may well be the social and emotional sphere rather than academic. Include info you have on stress behaviour that indicates "un met needs" e.g. Lack of cooperation, destroying things, hiding, hitting out, tics, social problems, quotes from him about difficulties, quotes from teachers/staff etc. How have things gone wrong/been mismanaged at school? At this stage I think You need examples to show that the LA need to investigate rather than special reports that provide answers. Make the most compelling case that you can and be as persuasive as possible to avoid legal process if a thing all possible! Good luck

Usernamealreadyexists Fri 16-Dec-16 08:02:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
tartanterror Fri 16-Dec-16 20:06:40

Sure will look out for your pm - if you are willing and able to pay for the support then at an indie school you may need a private EP. However you may have to consider a move to a state school as the EHCP isn't legally binding unless it's a LA school....

DeepanKrispanEven Sat 17-Dec-16 22:44:08

If the EHCP names an independent school, then it is still fully legally binding.

Usernamealreadyexists Sun 18-Dec-16 10:08:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in