Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

visual perception and behavioural opthemists

(3 Posts)
Violet44 Sat 19-Nov-16 22:22:04

Both an OT and an educational psychologist independently of each other have said my son has visual perception issues. Although OT gave him exercises, which we do, I would really like him to be properly assessed and the type of his visual difficulties assessed. I have tried to get him more OT, but am just wondering if it's worth seeing a behavioural optometrist.

They are a lot of money so was just wondering if anyone's seen one, and how they got on, and if by any chance anyone knows of any in South London/ Middlesex/ Surrey area? Or am I better just looking on line for exercises?

WouldHave Sun 20-Nov-16 14:00:33

I've had no direct experience, but I know of people who've found them helpful. I suspect the British Association for Behavioural Optometrists is your best bet - babo.co.uk/find-a-behavioural-optometrist/

Dannygirl Mon 21-Nov-16 14:54:00

We saw one and thought it was useful but we are up north so not near you. Definitely worth looking at Babo. Also excellent book 'The out of sync child' has a whole chapter dedicated to visual perception, worth reading and trying out some of those strategies. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now