Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

occupational therapist in south east london for Asperger 12 years old son

(6 Posts)
fabiennepg Mon 14-Nov-16 17:17:36

Hello, I am looking for a recommendation for an occupational therapist for my son who has ASD/Asperger. It was suggested to me that he would need a thorough occupational therapy assessment and also a test with sensory perceptions. He has a lot of issues with getting ready in the morning, he cannot put his clothes on so I end up having to clothe him as if he was 3 years old. He also struggles with using a fork and knife, but can play grade 4 violin... He's very bright but has not developed basic skills despite a lot of efforts. Many thanks for any suggestions.

SerendipityPhenomenon Mon 14-Nov-16 19:34:51

Melinda Silson or Diane White - they work together.

Usernamealreadyexists Mon 14-Nov-16 20:20:32

Diane White - haven't used her but she would be my choice as she was recommended by A top Ed Psych who does tribunals.

Lulu2515 Mon 14-Nov-16 22:02:13

I'm an SLT.. I used to work with an amazing OT- super caring and went the extra mile for all the children she supported. Private message me if you'd like her details.

Usernamealreadyexists Tue 15-Nov-16 07:25:20

Lully please can you add m me your background also as I need an SLT for HFA son.

notgivingin789 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:44:51

For private therapy lessons OP? Or for assessments and recommendations ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now