Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

EHCP legal aid

(3 Posts)
CallMeHeadGirl Tue 01-Nov-16 23:28:07

I know its common that ehcp can take a lot longer than 20 weeks but it is very frustrating.

We have been told to fill in a legal aid form for discrimination. I know this might be a daft q but do i fill this in as the child or do i put in my income?

Im self employed so dont know if it makes it better or worse.

tartanterror Thu 03-Nov-16 22:49:10

No idea sorry! Can't you ask the person who gave you the form?
Or call Coram who offer a Legal Aid service for SEN law

SerendipityPhenomenon Mon 07-Nov-16 18:48:39

What are you applying for legal aid for? Is it to enforce the time limit? If so, it's not a discrimination action you need, it's possibly judicial review. Before taking JR action, you need a formal pre-action letter, and if you want to do that under legal aid it's legal aid in your own name. However, if you're self employed they likelihood is that you won't qualify, as the income levels for eligibility are extremely low. SOS SEN will do pre-action letters for parents - I think they charge, but they're much cheaper than solicitors' firms.

If you've gone beyond that stage and are looking at starting court proceedings, then that would be legal aid in your child's name and you fill in the form with all their details.

If you want to take disability discrimination proceedings for other purposes, that is an action in your name so it goes back to you having to apply for legal aid in your own right.

If necessary, contact Simpson Millar who also have a legal aid contract, and who are more clued up than Coram.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now