Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Toys r us autism friendly hour

(6 Posts)
MrsSam Sun 30-Oct-16 16:49:11

Thought I would share for anyone this may help, I know DS3 will certainly benefit from this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/welsh-toys-r-stores-hold-12094339.amp?client=safari

zzzzz Sun 30-Oct-16 17:09:25

hmm

notgivingin789 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:53:25

zzz grin

cowssheephens Sun 30-Oct-16 22:16:49

Well I won't be going. I've boycotted the place for two years now.

Ordered a sylvanian hotel for DD, it was half price at the time and within budget for us. She was very excited, but we had to wait about a week as it was coming from another store to our local. We drove about 20 miles to pick it up, but nobody was sure where it had gone too...they think it was delivered to store but unsure where it was. DD was extremely distressed, manager refused to offer a solution other than the new sylvanian hotel had be released and we could buy that for full price. Awful, awful service!

Autism friendly they say...I don't think so!

ByeByeLilSebastian Wed 02-Nov-16 17:23:35

I try and stay well away from the stores. They don't seem to have any fire safety protocol in place, it's scary when you think how big some of the stores are and toys everywhere!

ALemonyPea Wed 02-Nov-16 17:26:06

I really wish they wouldn't advertise things as autism friendly, why not just disabled friendly or something that includes all disabilities. I'm sure others would benefit and not feel like they can't go as it's just for people with autism.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now