Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Assessment - private route

(7 Posts)
eprez Sun 09-Oct-16 18:38:43

Hi everyone
I hope you can provide some advice.
My daughter is 4 years old and just started reception. The school suggested me to assess her as she has some communication/behavioural issues. I am in agreement to let her assess, however and as the NHS process can be very long, i would like to go private. Can any of you suggest how best i could go about it? What would be the process?

Thank you.

Lulu2515 Sun 09-Oct-16 20:36:32

Hi, is it a speech and language therapy assessment you're looking for?

eprez Sun 09-Oct-16 23:16:49

Hi, no it is more for social/behavioural issues. Any idea? Thanks

coffeecakemum Wed 12-Oct-16 11:54:15

Have you asked your GP for a referral? Some children centres might have NHS SALT visiting them and school should be able to refer you to them. Social/behavioural is also assessed by SALT. My son (also reception) has very good clear communication but is behind on social skills and we have a private SALT. I recommend private if you want a quick answer. Where do you live? My private SALT is London based and has been very good.

Fairylea Wed 12-Oct-16 16:04:42

Highly recommend Daphne Keen in London, who also works at St Georges in the NHS so her diagnosis is generally accepted. If you google her the website will come up. We paid £850 for a two hour assessment after two years of NHS assessments in our own area which she had copies of. She diagnosed ds aged 4 with asd and dyspraxia.

eprez Wed 12-Oct-16 21:05:23

Thank you - how many hours did she spend with your child before the diagnosis?

eprez Wed 12-Oct-16 21:14:09

Hi - i live in Crouch End (North London - N8). Where is your therapist based? Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now