We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.



Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

HFA - Cheshire/South manc - please advise me

(2 Posts)
Redheadsreallyrock Sun 02-Oct-16 08:34:20

We are starting the process of moving to the other side of the country - Cheshire/South Manchester - because I need to be closer to elderly parents and seriously ill niece.

My ds who is reception age is in the process of being assessed because school have requested it. We, family and friends feel he is quirky and anxious and may have traits but there is nothing at the moment to say for sure that it's Hfa. So he may have a dx when we move but even if not will need support and extra tlc as he is the kind of child who gets very stressed in class sometimes.

Do any of you have a child in a state or private school in the Cheshire/South Manchester area with special needs/autism dx and are happy with the care they get? I know posting is sometimes too outing so please pm me if easier.

I would be so grateful for any help and advice as I don't know the area at all and because dn is ill she is not in the school system there.

It would be useful to know about primary and secondary for later too.

It would also be good to hear negatives i.e. Don't come to this area/school as it is no good at providing support for sn.

VioletBam Sun 02-Oct-16 23:43:38

I am sending you a PM.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now