ADHD - Good Support at School - What does it look like ?

(2 Posts)
Tricky10 Fri 23-Sep-16 11:36:37

Hi - would really appreciate some help - my DD has ADHD - more ADD than ADHD. She is on medication - still feel we are on a journey with meds but what I really want to get a better feel of is what good support looks like at school. She is in a private primary and at the minute she just has a one 1:1 class per week by a SEN teacher. She struggles with all the usual challenges - weak social skills, processing (limited output) and still with focus and emotions. I feel that she needs more help at school but am no expert in terms of the type of support she could or should expect. Can you give me a sense as to what good support looks like and what I should be pushing for ? Appreciate all children are different in their needs but feel that I can't push for what she may need if I am not aware of the type of support there could be. Hope that makes sense. Thanks very much.

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Sat 24-Sep-16 00:36:37

You might be asking outside the realms of experience on many of the posters on this board, as you are asking about Private Education, which is a very different kettle of fish from state schooling.
I hope we are the exception, but where I live, private schools are notoriously poor at even accepting children with additional needs, let alone providing support for them.
If you look in 'Education' you get a much higher % of folk whose dc go to private schools, so they may be able to help you more.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in