Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Questions to ask prospective schools

(3 Posts)
Dannygirl Tue 30-Aug-16 16:18:11

I have a 9 year old DS with diagnosed dyspraxia, sensory processing and also possible Aspergers/ASD (just starting the diagnosis process for that). He is bright and doing well academically in a MS school but obviously struggles in other areas. We are just starting to look at MS secondary schools (state and private options) and I am really keen to try and get under the skin of which school would be right for him - I want to know which schools would nurture / celebrate individual strengths etc. as well as understanding what their special needs provision is like. What questions should I be asking? Please share ideas for questions to ask to help me tease out the right school based on your own experiences! Thanks so much

NotMe321 Tue 30-Aug-16 23:55:27

Get Ruth Birnbaum's book on choosing schools for children with SN - www.amazon.co.uk/Choosing-School-Child-Special-Needs/dp/1843109875/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472597680&sr=8-1&keywords=birnbaum+school

Dannygirl Wed 31-Aug-16 19:10:22

Brilliant thank you so much! Ordered!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now