Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How long to wait for Educational Psychologist report?

(3 Posts)
nothappymummy2014 Wed 24-Aug-16 18:47:00

Daughter was referred to EP by school and EP spent a morning assessing her at school and then met with me for parental meeting. That was all 2 months ago and the report has not arrived. Would it be rude to chase it up? How long do people normally wait for a EP report?

Thanks
Michelle

tartanterror Wed 24-Aug-16 22:25:37

No it would not be rude. Get comfortable with chasing asap!

No idea about EPs but DS was assessed for ASD in May and our paperwork hasn't arrived - although they had thought it might be July that we would hear. The summer break seems to cause a lot of delays. Good luck

Saracen Wed 24-Aug-16 22:35:09

I'd give it just three weeks, on the grounds that if the Ed Psych doesn't write it up fairly promptly then how on earth are they even going to remember the child? Yes, there will be a lot of written notes and results to refer back to, but still. I'm sure we've all had the experience of trying to decipher our own notes months after the fact and having no idea what we meant. It is bound to be more accurate when written up soon after the assessment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now