Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ABA consultant for high functioning 7 year old first time programme HELP!

(4 Posts)
berrymummy Thu 11-Aug-16 18:51:45

Hello Im desperately trying to find a consultant to start a VB programme for my 7 year old son who is somewhere between sever language disorder and high functioning Autism- has been hard to tell for clear diagnosis. A lot of consultants seem experience in severe Autism but my son need someone who's specifically good at working on Social language, appropriate phrases to use and social behaviour as well as some small scale behaviours. Please can someone recommend a consultant who really tailors the programme to the child. Thank you so much in advance

CinderEdna Thu 18-Aug-16 13:26:36

where are you based? there are a few names in London that you can use. its always better to do your research by starting with few names and then meeting them and getting referrals from them to families they work with. i am using Steve ward who is in US but comes to London every 3/4 months. however if you are starting fresh you need a lot more support and are better off with local consultants. i started with the list of BCBA quaifies consultants on the website.

tartanterror Thu 18-Aug-16 19:20:37

If it's Social Skills you are looking for groups might be better than one to one as one of the difficulties is the skills not transferring. Watch a few Asperger Experts YouTube films about the Sensory funnel. We are in London and looking for social skills groups but struggling to find anything like Social Detective/Michelle Garcia Winner. If there are a few of us maybe we should join up and form our own group!

tartanterror Thu 18-Aug-16 19:21:20

Sorry my post is brief - I'm rushing off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now