Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

PolterBoy has had another fab year :-)

(39 Posts)
PolterGoose Wed 20-Jul-16 08:17:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jul-16 08:18:52

TheSecondOfHerName Wed 20-Jul-16 08:21:07

That's great news; well done him! 🏆

zzzzz Wed 20-Jul-16 08:27:18

smile. We are limping to the end of year. So long and hot and the children are exhausted (as am I).
How lovely to hear about your charming chap polt. You should BOTH be very proud of yourselves.

6 more hours!

Jasonandyawegunorts Wed 20-Jul-16 08:28:07

starIt's so nice hearing that everything is still going okay for himstar

I remember when the first good SENco you had left and you were worried things were going to slide, but the school have kept up their standard.

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jul-16 08:43:28

Marshmallow09er Wed 20-Jul-16 09:43:17

grin this is so lovely to hear polter

It genuinely helps through the slightly darker, molasses times with school to know there absolutely can be light at the end of the tunnel

Sparkle41 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:56:58

Thank you for posting, really great to hear your son is doing so well. It really helps those of us like myself (ASD 4 year old starting reception in Sep) at the start of the school journey and frankly terrified as to how he will manage.

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jul-16 12:23:55

BuffySENsational Wed 20-Jul-16 13:12:02

I've been following your story polter and others and I am really pleased for you and polterboy before we moved we had support from everyone and as I was oblivious to the whole process it came as a shock to be in an LA where everyone is against us. This gives me hope that if I can get my ds1 returned to his school still named on his statement we might find ourselves where you are after a year smile it's great when school get it, support the dc and work with the parents instead of against them. Hope you guys have a fantastic summer smile

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 20-Jul-16 13:14:45

Really pleased to read this flowers

PhilPhilConnors Wed 20-Jul-16 13:18:32

So pleased to read this Polter smile
Well done to your boy, and his school sounds fabulous!

MrsFrisbyMouse Wed 20-Jul-16 13:38:27

What a lovey thing to read. Very well done PolterBoy and well done PolterGoose on making it through another school year. And a well done to the school as well for being so supportive - it makes such a difference.

It is very heartening to hear the positives and stories of growing up and moving forwards.

MrsWorryWart Wed 20-Jul-16 14:34:39

I LOVE seeing posts like this. I don't know your back story.

Sounds like a great year! Well done to your DS! 👏🏼👏🏼

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jul-16 15:06:58

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 20-Jul-16 15:08:38

That is really positive Polter. It sounds like your ds is blooming with the right support - I know what you mean about it not having to be a huge deal - just a willingness to find a way and a SENCO that listens and takes appropriate action.

I am hoping that my ds will find his life easier now he has an official diagnosis as he has a transition to high school to deal with next year after y8.

Here's to a great y9! smile

NoHaudinMaWheest Wed 20-Jul-16 15:34:33

Polter so pleased to read this and that things are continuing to move forward.
A collaborative, helpful attitude just makes such a difference.

OneInEight Wed 20-Jul-16 16:03:09

Well done that young Polterboy!

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Wed 20-Jul-16 16:38:29

I remember back around 5 years. I am so pleased that he survived primary with his self esteem intact (thanks to you) and that secondary has been a sanctuary in comparison. Whenever I despair (frequently) about secondary for DS2 I think of you both.

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jul-16 16:43:13

moosemama Wed 20-Jul-16 17:12:42

So pleased to read this news Polter. We don't post the good stuff often enough and it's so important for some people to hear that things can get better and even be good.

I managed to get ds1 to hand over his report yesterday (a week after he broke up) and it was fantastic. I won't go into details here, as it's Polterboy's thread, but just wanted to add my agreement that things can get better for those of our dcs who really struggled through primary school.

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jul-16 17:57:56

youarenotkiddingme Wed 20-Jul-16 18:06:08

So pleased for you both. star

You are totally right in that the right school will do whatever and be collaborative with parents.

You know my DS transition has been less than successful. But your words about the right place and what will be done and attitudes has really helped me move on from wanting DS school to step up to leaving them to win their fight and do what's best for DS.

I'm sure your wise words and insights have been just as fundamental in your DS reaching where he is today flowers

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jul-16 18:32:03

cheminotte Wed 20-Jul-16 20:12:18

Thanks for such a positive thread Polter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now