Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

My first DLA payment has just gone into my bank account....

(6 Posts)
nancyclancy123 Thu 14-Jul-16 10:22:57

I can't believe it, they only received the forms on the 30th June!! I haven't received any letters yet, so I can't work out if it's a back payment for the last 2 weeks or if it's the 4 weekly payment as it doesn't quite match up with the rates. But even so, it's very welcomed!!

Laurajay84 Thu 14-Jul-16 11:04:08

I just applied recently too and had first payment after 10 days - super quick!!

The first payment is back payment and then the 4 weekly payment is paid in arrears so you will receive it in about 4 weeks time.

nancyclancy123 Thu 14-Jul-16 12:35:47

Wow, 10 days is very quick. And that makes sense now that it's a back payment, thank you.

Melawati Sat 16-Jul-16 14:33:00

Ours was very quick, and we had already received first payment before getting any letters. The first payment includes the back payment (either to when you applied or when you asked for the form if by post) so it doesn't match up and I couldn't work out the award until we got the letter.

nancyclancy123 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:30:48

I received the letter the next day. I couldn't work out the payment because it was a back payment for one week not two, something to do with the day they receive the forms.
But I can't complain, it was so quick and they were spot on with the reasons for my dd receiving it.

Juanbablo Sun 17-Jul-16 09:15:21

We also got a very quick turnaround on ds1's DLA claim. We were paid for one week and then received the letter the next day stating he had been awarded DLA and we will be paid 4 weekly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now