Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

EHCP Question

(2 Posts)
Laura223939 Thu 07-Jul-16 09:01:22

Just received the draft EHCP and going through it very carefully.

The provision specified in Section F - I know it has to be quantified and qualified, but does that mean that the support has to have been recommended specifically by a professional in a report? For example, DS's propensity for self harming when frustrated is mentioned several times in reports, but there are no recommendations on how to deal with it. Can I ask that he gets some support for this, or are we stuck only with what the professionals recommend as support strategies?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

JudyCoolibar Thu 07-Jul-16 22:34:02

As I understand it, the need for the support in question has to be evidenced somehow, but not necessarily in a professional report. For instance, if a child has been receiving some particular type of support in school, it's a fair bet that it's because everyone concerned think he needs it, whether it was specifically recommended or not.

If needs are identified in the plan, then section F has to have support to meet those needs. For something like self-harming, I would have thought they really ought to be going back to the experts for recommendations as to how they should be dealing with this rather than just guessing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now